Monday, January 3, 2011

Enter Natalie into LaLa Originals World




Natalie responded to my Craigslist Ad & we set up a time to meet. As “Lady X” didn’t pan out, time was of the essence.  I had a neurologist appt, so I was going to meet her at her home.  After 20 plus shots in my head & feeling better, I arrived at Natalie’s house.  Instantly, it felt right.  I knocked on the door & these little voices on the other side said, “Who is it”.  Those two little girls are the sugary sweet angels around.  They call me “Miss Cindy.”  Is that the cutest thing ever?  They are like two little fairy princesses.  Anyway, I digress.

Nat lead me to the backyard where she has her studio.  Wonderland of creation with mannequins, material, & sewing machines abound.  We quickly got off subject & started talking about migraines, as it was determined we shared this.  She was off to an appointment in which she was going to get trigger point injections and she was a bit apprehensive.  I assured her that I had had several, they didn’t hurt, & there was nothing to worry about.  Now back on subject…. I pulled my designs out of the bag I had brought them in & we discussed my needs.  None of which were a problem.  I told Natalie when I’d like to pick them up & I left.

I loved the way things were going… We were communicating through text w/photos if she had questions & all seemed to be on track.  Then 3 days later, I picked up some of the order as Natalie was having pain in her shoulder & had not been breathing well. Concerned, I told her to not worry about the rest, that she just needed to take care of herself.  I think the next communication with her was from her hospital bed @ Chomp.  She had continued having problems breathing & they admitted her.  It turns out her lung had collapsed from the injection.  Yes, I felt terrible for her & a tad guilty, as I told her there was nothing to worry about.   However, knowing that my experiences were not like hers. It was rare that that would happen.  Natalie felt badly because she knew I needed the balance but there was no need.  I let her know that they were only scarves & it was she that needed to get better.  LaLa Originals would survive while she healed.  Heal she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment